Monday, February 20, 2012

Canola Oil

 

We are trying a different kind of cooking oil recently. It is canola oil. I would have chosen olive oil since that is what I often see being used in cooking shows I follow and being tagged one of the healthier cooking oils. Hubby said though that we would try the canola oil first which he said is close to olive oil based on what he has read at a Yahoo article. 

I read that canola oil is "among the healthiest of cooking oils... with the lowest saturated fat content of any oil commonly consumed with 7 %... while sunflower oil has 12% saturated fat, corn oil has 13%, and olive oil has 15%..." You may want to read more about that here

But now I think a better option for us would be to cook with... no oil at all. Better don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment