Moving to a new home in a new location can be hassle or hassle-free. It all depends on you! Some people dread moving because of all the work that needs to be done. Except in cases when you get to hire real experts and professional movers, it can be less of a hassle.
If you are doing it all on your own, then here might be some helpful moving tips that you may like to consider:
- Hire a mover. A professional one that can be truly trusted to do this task of packing and moving and transporting all your stuff without giving you a headache or won't stress you any other way on the moving process. Packing and unpacking should be all easy for you when you hire professional movers.
- Choose the right size box to put your stuff in. Big stuff goes to big boxes and small stuff goes to smaller boxes. Grouping things according to size will make unpacking a lot easier.
- Label properly your boxes according to the room or part of the house they will be going to in the new place. You may also roughly label boxes as to what is inside it. This will make unpacking easier even for those who does not what is inside each box. You won't spend more time looking for which box goes where in your new home.
- Mark with "FRAGILE" those boxes that contain breakable things. These stuff should be more cushioned so chances are they won't break while being transported. Use bubble wrap for breakable things. Use old towels or blankets to cushion those stuff that can easily break.
- Make sure you also check the maximum weight each box can carry. You don't want to be picking up pieces along the way. You know what I mean.
- Sort through your stuff. You decide which stuff to keep, donate, dispose or throw away. Garbage as in garbage that you no longer can use or recycle should be thrown away and disposed of properly.Donate stuff that you don't use or need anymore. There are still people out there who can benefit using them even if you don't need stuff like old clothes or furniture or other stuff anymore. Remember you do not want to bring old clutter into your new home. You want to start anew with more space and cleaner space that is.
- Unpack according to importance. You may want to unpack the kitchen and dining wares first. One can get so hungry in moving in and that is one thing I learned when we moved for the very first time. We ended up eating out because the kitchen stuff were not yet unpacked.
- Inform those who needs to be informed of your new address like banks, credit card companies, etc.