Saturday, November 27, 2010

No I am not, but...

Okay, so here is a little exercise I am going to try today. I used to think that writing exercises were silly because who knows better how to write than a writer? But lately I am beginning to feel more like the guy that said "A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people." His name is or was Thomas Mann. I don't know anything about him, but he seems to be a pretty smart guy, because that is exactly how it feels sometimes. Anyway, here we go... Nine things I am not and contradictory statements that I am.

No, I am not a clothes horse, but I do love my Apple Bottoms jeans.

No, I am not nosy, but if you really must tell me the gossip, I'm not going to be rude either.

No, I am not trying to look slimmer or lose weight, but I will definitely be wearing this outfit again since it made you ask me that question.

No, I am not afraid of snakes, but if you bring one near me you had better be ready to deal with some retaliation later.

No, I do not have a perfect husband (nobody does), but when I treat him like he is one he tries much harder and we both end up happy.

No, I don't like dark chocolate, but I love anything that has been dipped in it.

No, I don't like helping fix the car when it breaks down, but if you refer to it as 'man's work' I will do everything in my power to figure out the problem before you do.

No, I am not a great writer, but I do it anyway.

No, I am not lazy, but there were supposed to be ten in the exercise.

Okay readers, your turn! Comment when you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment