Saturday, November 27, 2010

Donating to Charity with Some Extra Money This Christmas

Though I find them immensely beautiful, I have decided to not splurge on a Chopard necklace this year. These are some of my favorite pieces of jewelry. Instead, though, I plan to spend some extra money on others in my family for the holidays. Generally, I take a little extra money each Christmas and get something special for myself. Not this year.

Not only am I planning to get better presents for my loved ones, I have also decided to put some money toward charity. Deciding on the charity, though, has been difficult. Eventually, I decided on a charity called Child's Play. This is a fairly new charity; it has only been around since about 2003.

What exactly do they do? Well, this charity donates things like video games and movies to children's hospitals. These items are meant to help make the days a little easier and brighter for the children that are having to stay in these hospitals. Being a kid in a hospital is a sad enough thing in and of itself. Being able to contribute to making life a little happier for these kids is something that I have been interested in doing for a while.

I'm happy that this year I am not spending the extra money on myself. Sure, it's great to have a little extra, but being able to help out those who are really in need is so much better than spending tons of money on jewelry for myself.

I told some of my friends about this. They agree that it is a great idea, and are all finding a charity that they are interested in and are donating to it. The more people that do this, the better off our world will be. Being able to help those that need it is what Christmas is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment