Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Spend Time With...

My sister used to remind me about this...

Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of six.

Spending more time with older people makes you wiser (I wish and hope) or at least it helps you find more insights about our life. The elders have advices on life that we might not often hear from people our age due to difference in life experiences perhaps and the level of maturity. And perhaps after all these years, they know better what truly matters in life.

Now spending more time with kids under the age of six would be fun. You would realize the joys that they find in life which we have forgotten and taken for granted. You'll be amazed at how inquisitive they can be! 

I have a five year old nephew who amazes me with the kind of mature and surprising questions that pops out of his mind at any given time and you cannot lie to him. Sometimes his questions and insights drives me crazy but it often strikes me as an honest opinion and perspective from a young child who we could try to twist their imagination by telling things which we assume they don't know but they know the facts and the truth. It sometimes shock me but it is some kind of a reality check that brings the issues of honestly, being true and being a kid who is curious about even the simplest things in life that we no longer think of in our daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment